Wellingborough Inter Faith Group
Wellingborough Inter faith Group (WIFG) takes the privacy and security of your data extremely seriously.
WIFG is the ‘data controller’ for the purposes of this policy, and the policy extends to its Management Committee, volunteers and anyone else processing data on our behalf from time to time.
Organisations are permitted to process data if they have a legal basis for doing so. WIFG processes data on the basis that:
• Express and informed consent has been given by the person whose data is being processed; and/or
• It is necessary in relation to a contract or agreement which the person has entered into or because the person has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract or agreement; and/or
• There is a legal obligation on WIFG to process the data.
Where WIFG is relying on consent as the basis for processing data, we are required to obtain your explicit consent in writing and you can modify or withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us in writing, although this will be the extent to which we are able to provide services to or interact with you in future.
WIFG may change this policy from time to time and any such changes will be published on our website. Notwithstanding any change to this policy, we will continue to process your personal data in accordance with your rights and our obligations in law.
This policy is effective from its circulation in May 2018.
- What data do we collect?
We collect the data necessary for WIFG to pursue its stated aims and objectives, to contact people regarding meetings, workshops and other events, for maintaining memberships, keeping our members and supporters informed of our activities, marketing, fundraising and the effective running of WIFG through its Committee and volunteers.
Data collected and processed may include:
• Names and contact information such as telephone numbers, email and postal addresses
• Membership information ( which includes ethnic origin, age and religion) for statistical
• Stakeholder, supporter and donor information.
• Such other information that is relevant and necessary for WIFG to carry out its activities, purposes and legal obligations.
- What we do with the data we process
- Your rights in relation to your personal data
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. Any such request must be submitted in writing.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information, but this may inhibit or limit the way in which WIFG is able to interact with you. You may, at any time, change your mind about what information we hold about you, or if we continue to hold it at all, subject to any legal obligation on WIFG to retain data.
You are responsible for the accuracy of data you provid to WIFG. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We may use your personal information to send you information about WIFG and matters relating to WIFG’s activities which we think may be of interest to you. We will not pass on any of your personal details to individuals or other organisations without your prior consent.
You can obtain further information about Data Protection and privacy laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at: https://ico.org.uk/for-thepublic.
- Links to other websites
Wellingborough Inter Faith Group, c/o Victoria Centre, 46-50 Palk Road, Wellingborough, NN8 4PW